Monday, March 2, 2009

The Prestige

Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"."

I'm bringing back The Prestige to my life. My old blog was born out of frustration and it landed me a job as a corporate blogger. I find my blog transition similar to my journey that took me to this point. Started out blank with no knowledge as a blogger, that was the pledge, my first blog at pokopenrebellion.blogspot.com and then it vanished at the turn. Now, can this one be my prestige?


Its been a great few months on the job. I feel like a changed person. Not so constricted by so much burden to do the right thing and stess myself at work all the time. I'm smiling more and my perspective on what a blog can do has simply changed so much. What started out as a ground to poke back became a platform to really show what I can do. Don't know how many people have their name cards as a corporate blogger, but sure am pretty impressed I'm keeping my job in these times.


Absolutely privileged to be blogging for a living and I've got miles to go but another reason to start blogging personally again is to record my journey with the corporate blog along the way. Want to remember the struggle and the joy of each step. Hope more will be inspired to do what they feel they should be doing and perhaps bring a smile to people. The blog has seen a reborn me and a greater perspective of things to come. If I can bring that message across, I would say its a job well done and a life worth living.

0 comments:

Post a Comment