Wednesday, October 21, 2009

listening to my heart..nothing is perfect without u...

"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? I say fall head over heels. Find someone you love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart."

~ Meet Joe Black




Some things in life are the only things worth living, breathing and looking for. And when I think of these things, I think of your smile in the morning when you look for me before you get up, I think of you lazing and gently lying down on me on your couch and I think of when you make me ribena or milo at night. These things are worth living, breathing and looking forward to. Imagine how much more lies ahead with the trips we want to make, the moments we want to create, those are special. But I wake up everyday looking forward to these "special" moments with you.

I think I'm pampered that way. That these two days when I wake up to not be able to see these, I feel this emptiness, this incompleteness that maybe I'm really spoiled by this happyness called you. I like to think that I'm not a selfish person but when it comes to this happyness, I want to be selfish and I want to want everything about you. Not selfish to the point that I want everything you and everything you do, but I'm selfish about this happyness and joy with you. And that is something I want to protect and keep.

I woke up today to knowing that you are tired, maybe bullied and not having enough rest. And when you do not have enough rest, you get easily sick and feel unwell :( all I want to do today is make you smile, protect you and wait for you to come back. Today is beautiful baby and it's beautiful again because of you. I'm going to start today by painting you this story and I hope you will like it. I don't have many strengths but many this canvas can be this beautiful smile for you.

During the reign of the Han, there was this elderly couple who lived in the outskirts of Longzhong, in today's Hubei province. Old Man Chen was a farmer who toiled the lands and the peaceful surroundings was a blessing. Old Woman Chen was hospitable by nature and both lived in a tavern which they had owned for many years. They both longed for a child but were never blessed with one. They looked for comfort in passing guests. It was in this instance that they both found a crying baby in their tavern one day. Unblemished and wrapped only in cloth in one of the rooms, they took it to be a sign from heaven and raised the child as their own. Naming her, Si Chi.

Many years passed and the child grew up to be a beautiful lady. But although fair of face, Si Chi was never one who was contented with all the expectations of being a lady and she wanted to always walk that much further everyday, see that next house beyond the trees and wonder lay beyond the next road. The couple knew that they did not have long and they were worried for Si Chi. It so happened one day on a rainy night with thunder and storm, that an injured wandering traveler would knock on the doors. Afraid of bandits and the safety of Si Chi due to the darkness, the old couple shouted for him to search for another inn.

Dismayed the traveler was about to leave when the doors opened and Si Chi was at the door gesturing for him to hide from the rain. Overjoyed at the hospitality, he stepped in cautiously, gracious for the kindness shown. Introducing himself as Lam Bo, a scholar on the way to the capital, Si Chi was mesmerised and wanted to know more about his journeys. The old couple were suspicious but slowly warmed up at the good nature of Lam Bo. Lam Bo was traveling to retake the annual exams in the capital but chanced upon bandits and had suffered injuries while escaping.

While recovering, Lam Bo would tell Si Chi stories about his wanderings and travels every night. She would listen and smile at all the adventures often interjecting and asking questions. In time, feelings would grow too beneath the flicker of candle flames. With time, the wounds healed and Lam Bo was bound to leave for the exams. Thanking the old couple for their hospitality, Lam Bo left with a heavy heart and left the farewell for Si Chi at the last. Shedding a tear, Lam Bo mentioned that he would come back upon finishing the exams as a scholar and that every night on the road, Si Chi would be that lonely companion in his mind.

Si Chi promised to always be there for him and Lam Bo began his final trek to the capital. Every night, Lam Bo would write a note and let it flow to the winds. It spoke of this love that had blossomed in the tavern and he hoped to let his love fly every night back to Si Chi. The exams went on for a month and upon finishing, the candidates were required to stay in the capital to await the results. Lam Bo was announced as on the three finalist scholars and was bound to take up post in the capital. Overjoyed, Lam Bo requested that the celebratory parade pass the tavern. On the way back, he passed the taverns only to find that Si Chi had already left on a journey of her own and she promised to return after 3 years.

Lam Bo was devastated and rejecting all worldly fame and material, left the post and left to search for her in his journeys. They both traveled their path and never met, only to arrive again at the tavern. There Lam Bo and Si Chi finally met under the gaze of the candles.

"Why did you leave?"

"I never left..I was with you. I kept my word. I never left you."

"But you were not here."

"I went looking high and low to learn things. To be able to be myself"

"But the one I love is you and the one right here"

"I never changed. I saw things and I knew that the only place I wanted to be is right here with you. I love you too"

With that they remained in the tavern. No one knows what happened after that. Some say they left on another journey. Some say they continued to stay at the tavern and took over from Old Man Chen and Old Women Chen. But the thing for sure was they stayed in love for all time.

PS. Bie, listening to your voice on the phone is pure happyness. I love you. I'm here waiting and you never left.

0 comments:

Post a Comment