Tuesday, November 17, 2009

i want to dance with you

Ivy Walker: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?
Lucius Hunt: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.

~ The Village

There's this dance that I dreamt about. And in this you were perfect and I was there, holding your hand and all I saw was the love in your eyes. I remember I told you once that when I close my eyes, I see our wedding and it's beautiful. I close my eyes and I hear this beautiful melody. Lathika's theme in my ears and there you are running towards me on the grass and we swirl around. I see this happyness that will always last. And I see you in your with gown and it's perfect. I see you.

Last night I woke up three times, dreaming of you each time. And everything was happyness. Maybe that's why I could barely sleep well, waking up eager for today. For today, my baby's coming home. Lamb has been waiting and every second has been worth it. Today lamb is writing you another story and hopefully it will chase the blues of your day away as the plane takes you home.

People say that little hobbits did not exist but in fact, they do and they are very much real. The tales that were told were many and the secrets that were whispered were kept hidden. For their numbers dwindled and they were slowly becoming a lost race in the world. Here is one of such a tale that is still whispered in hush silence by those that know of it.

There far away in the land that is now forgotten. Lonely Meadows they used to call it. And at that time, the hobbits mingled freely and they do not hide like now among men for they were a free folk. And they loved merriment and laughter. The hobbits would party in the evenings and toil the soil in the day. They had no worry in the world for little did riches did they crave nor did any of the beauty of gems captivate them. And among them, this story starts with a hobbit who was young in hobbit years and he called upon the name, Lambo.

Now, there was a tale of another hero, Lambo and this hobbit wanted very much to be like his hero but this story is for another time to tell. He would live the day very much like any other hobbit except when night visited and he would lie under the heavens and stare into the ninght. He would wonder perhaps there was more to life than all this. He counted the stars and wondered how many worlds were there in the skies. Perhaps they were also staring back at him and wondering the same. Everyday he would try to step that one step further away onnly to turn back once making that one step further each day.

Lambo was always looking for an adventure and his came on a normal silent day. The sun was high and there was nothing unusual in the wind. When all of a sudden, a raging rabbit rode through the Meadows and so many ran and hid in fright. Many tried to knock it down but were all brushed aside. All ropes were no use and as the rabbit continued the rampage, the figure jumped from over a ledge and hanged onto its fur.

Shocked, the rabbit leapt away and with it bore away no other than Lambo himself. Crossing the streams, Lambo realised that for the first time he would be leaving the Meadows for the first time in his life. He clung as hard as he could and the rabbit ran and jumped but he held on. Bumping over a tree, Lambo finally lost his grip and the rabbit made away and escaped. Startled and frightened by the new surroundings, he gazed around him. Everything seemed so huge.

He stood still and kept hoping he was back in the Meadows. Many a time passed until he heard a tune in the woods. Searching for the source, he crashed past the bushes and stumbled upon an elf. For he knew not that the lady was an elf but she was the most fascinating and beautiful creature he ever saw. Muddled and dazzled, he stared and the elf shocked by the intruder said, "Who goes there? Show yourself. Are you friend or foe?". "Neither harm to I mean," he stammered. "But a friend to you I would want to be. I am Lambo as from the stories. I am not as tall but I am looking for an adventure."

Giggling as such an intorduction, the elf brushed her strands of hair away as she replied, "They call me Lion. And I too am on an adventure. Maybe this is fate. I am sick hence I'm looking for a cure." To which Lambo grinned, "Perhaps. I am small but my heart is big. May I be your companion on this journey? I am useful too. My hands are strong and I have a good back. You can lean and relly on me. Always. As for your cure, we'll look together.". The elf chuckled, "We'll see.". And turned aroud. Afraid and struck to the ground, Lambo so very wished to follow but all he could do was gaze at the ground.

"Aren't you coming?" The smile reappeared. "Yes. I will be there always to protect you." Smiling again, he lunged forward with her in tow. They traveled many lands, saw the land, sea and sky. They went to the depths of the ocean, to the mechanics of the sky to the highest peak of moutains. Yet they both continued looking. It was fate that one day they would both lie at night gazing under the sky. Lambo muttered, "Once I wanted to look and now that I am looking, I finally understand. What I have been looking for is and has always been by my side." Lion, grew red in the face and said, "I too found what I was looking for in you. I had been sick but today I am cured. How strange.".

The silence of the night continued and from the on began the legend of the hobbit and the elf. They say their adventures live on. And some say that they found the greatest treasure in each other for nothing satisfies other than the logic of love. For only in the mysterious equation of love can any logic be found. And today, the logic is that you are coming back. My meaning, my hope and my dreams. I can't wait to open my eyes today. I love you bie.

PS. Bie, today and forever, dance with me. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment