Monday, December 7, 2009

Holding You is to Hold Perfection

I rather spend one minute holding you instead of spending the rest of my life knowing I never could.

~ Jimmy, Bubble Boy



I may need a compass because all my life I seem to be finding my way to you.

Today, the 2nd of January 2010, we have completed the third item on our DL list and perhaps no words can describe the emotions at the new chapter and a new year.



We made it to Hong Kong and back. To lion, her lamb knows she must be wondering if lamb thinks that the trip was more a relief to be over or was it a joy and a trip full of happyness. The answer is a definite, I would never have traded a second with you in Hong Kong and Macau for another in any other part of the world with any other person.

I found gifts of joy in each MRT ride, the ride into the mist and back and the walks through all the sights and sounds. And inspite of all the new things I saw, you remain the most beautiful gift a man could ask to spend my entire life with. This was a special trip and not because it was a glamourous trip into a foreign country but it was meaningful because of the hand that never left mine.



The truth of the matter is that, in all that cold of the weather, you were my warmth and each step I took, with you, it was a step in all the happyness I could hope for. My heart took notes and my mind will not forget the passing footsteps we made in Hong Kong and Macau. Yes, the weather was not kind at times and we missed Cirque de Soliel but what matters is that we smiled in the rain and we saw moments of happyness that no performance can emulate. We foud beauty in hidden places, frustration in moments but ever this never changed, that I keep falling more and more in love with you.



From taking advantage of you at the bus stop, at the tram and on the cable car in the mists, everything was clear and I saw you in every moment. And I know because it was because of you, every moment I will always remember clearly of our first adventure into the Orient.



We stood on the hills, walked among the clouds and kissed in the heavens of my heart. And I hope yours too.



Some things changed, like you were finally recognised as the royalty that you are and...



I may seem childish and appear stupid at most times, but like Astroboy, you make me be the hero in me. And I will cherish you, protect you, breathe you and love you. And that is not my life vow, for that is what every woman deserves from her man and I want to be your man the rest of our lives. I will always be here for you. Always.



This life, we will have many witnesses to our love, such as patience, honour, courage to stand for each other and the willingness to live each moment together. Take this boat ride of life with me and I promise that I will never let you down because letting you down is not a chapter in our destiny. You may think that is lame and feel that is all flowery in words but this line I write for you and this fact I know for sure, that today and everyday of our lives, I love you more and more. So do not wonder, do not question but believe that my hand is on yours and I am never letting go.



There is no other conclusion than this, I will not rest, not because it's still not our wedding yet but I will not rest until you see everyday that I love you and can not lose you. I will not let you go and after another chapter on our DL list, our love is strong. We fall, we learn, we live and we love. I know there are many imperfections but let our love be that perfection in all that is not at first. I love and with you, I am ready for the world.



Before the gates of the world, I am here for you and writing this, I know that you will always be the one for me and together let us keep walking because life would not be the same without you. The skies ahead are so excited waiting for us and my smile because of you will always stay. These are not just optimistic hopes built in optimistic words because I am determined to make you see them every moment of everyday. It doesn't end with our wedding but the wedding only says there's so much more happyness for us to search for and there's just so many more chapters to write.



With you, I am all I can be and more. With you, I am a star, a hero, a lamb, a man to a woman, a hobbit to an elf and a loyal companion to the end of time. I write this also because I for one, can't wait for our next chapter to start. Like that priest in the video, this love, this life, we will fight for it and if we must, we will die and live for it. I love you baby. Thank you for walking this list, this life, this love with a silly lamb. Thank you for being my meaning, for the smiles and for everything. I can't wait. 2010 watch out!

PS. Bie, I know I have been lazy but I am here and I have always been here and here will I always stay :P I love you and 2010 is a great start because of you. Let's go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment