Monday, April 20, 2009

the definition

Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. There are three things that last faith, hope and love, and love is the greatest of these.

The Bible, 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8


I think its easy to get confused when you're deep in a relationship. So many conflicts happen, like where do you place your feelings and your heart. People say that when you're in a relationship, all that matters is the other soulmate. I do not think so, because although the other person should be your world, you should never demand that her world be only you. Thats not life. Life is to share in hers not make her life only about you. Her friends, her likes, dislikes, her family, you need to understand and accept.

People get easily confused that when you are in a relationship, you need to dump everything and make the other the focus of all your attention but this is simply false. When I look at Evil Janet, I realise that its her family, her friends, her likes and her dislikes that make her the way she is. I could never ask her to seperated or change from all these because all these make her who she is. I love her for who she is and all these make up who she is. I think of that quote from the Bible often. Before deciding on our relationship, I sat back and discussed with myself intensely if I can commit to these ideals that I can believe in these values with her in mind. And I said yes.

To be in love, is to be kind because love is beautiful not only to her and those around her but your world becomes beautiful because of her. It is never jealous because I know that I'm always on her mind no matter who shes with or where she is. Love is never boastful or conceited because there is simply no winning or losing in a relationship, it is about giving yourself to each other. It is never rude or selfish because love demands that you respect her as a proper human what more the one you want to spend your life with. It does not take offense and is not resentful because love is forgiving in every way. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth because the truth will set you free and lies only cloud what goes in between. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes because thats simply what love is. There are three things that last faith, hope and love, and love is the greatest of these. And I hope our love will last. I will be satisfied with a lifetime or an eternity.

1 comments:

Derek "thewrecktan" Tan said...

if youre reading this, just want you to know that i'm thinking of you

Post a Comment