Friday, April 3, 2009

a journey of a thousand miles

There is a wise saying in Chinese that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Then, answer me this, how come a journey of a thousand miles still ends up the same? Even, getting away so many thousand miles, our time zones are still the same, I still think of you more than ever. I have travelled from one continent to another and you're still there, nothng has changed.

Walked into the terminal and I was still reeling from only 2-3 hours of rest the night before in the plane. Had a baby constantly crying and the seats were uncomfortable all the way during a turbulent midway flight path through the sea. Other than that, coulnd't sleep much either and was thinking/dreaming of you throughout. Wondering how would I react when I see you on Monday and just can't go to sleep thinking of your smile all the way. Was worried about your headache after a two hour ride on a crazy bus.

Was greeted by the infamous cold chill of morning Perth gust and was really 'biten' hard each time the wind got through the automatic doors of the airport. Wondering if Evil Janet must be suffering the same and even worse there. Was tired but everything else was alright. The hotel didin't have the rooms so had to sneak out to get a glimpse of the next adventure ahead.

Went around the King's Park today which was a healthy ten minutes walk up the hill from King George's Street and the scenery was exceptional. The sky was so blue that it had to be fake. Fake because it was beautiful but not perfect. For how can it be perfect when you are not around to hold my hand and see this? Not perfect for nothing is, without you. Even the greatest memories fade and the tastiest food does not linger long. The majestic scenery by the bay was irrelevant as each picture I took, I kept imagining us together in it. That would have been beautiful.

Been trying to enjoy myself in Perth and its been a challenge. Came back immediately after dinner to hear your voice and it has never been dissapointing. We're going to see koalas and kangaroos tomorrow and that will be uplifting. Think if i kidnap a baby koala you would bail me out? hahaha...Kinda sad to hear you have to sneak out to get your preferred food. Typing this just after talking to you and wondering if you'll smile when you read this because I think your simpy too cute baby.

Missing someone does not change because of the distance nor does it change because the surroundings have changed. It only intensifies with time. The only time my eyes glimmer is when I get your sms, hear your voice or see your picture. Everytime you appear in my mind which is basically every second is so painful when I can not hold your hand.

Today is the fifth day and nothing has changed. Thankfully Bo is with her to take care and make sure she eats. Nothing ever changes. In fact, I have continued to miss you more than ever. The only thing that has changed in Perth is that the zombie still exists...luv u baby...

2 comments:

Evil Janet said...

you know baby...my lips, body, hands are cold coz I can't kiss n hold you, my head n heart aching coz I'm not with you... but your writing its like a drug to me..a week of constant smsing and daily posting never fail to ease my pain...every time you just leave me wanting more...i miss u so much too my baby...can't wait to see you...

Derek "thewrecktan" Tan said...

Evil Janet, youre so happy today that everything gruesome just runs away..im happy because youre smiling..at this moment, youre all that matters. Trying not to miss you but its mission impossible for a simple me. Trying to have fun but how can there be fun without you? If my writing is like a drug, then youre my stairway to heaven baby..i miss u so so much and its growing each second...can't wait for monday

Post a Comment