Friday, April 17, 2009

smart

I've lived 25 years on planet earth and have had my share of spotlight where people have said I was smart and I could do anything under the sky. There was a point when I was in Sime Darby, where my path was set to fame and fortune. And as 'smart' as they have called me, I called it quits on everything. From the corporate lifestyle of whos who to the great potential that it carried. All I had to do was walk the chosen path with a silver spoon in my mouth and be contented, and I said no.

I still remember the day when I quit, one of my closest friends that I trusted pulled me aside and told me, that I was the smartest of the lot. Despite all being surrounded by all the illusions, I was never fake enough or foolish enough to fall in love with the materials that will disappear. Because I knew what the most important treasure in the world was. And that despite all the financial knowledge, lure of power and the frantic pace of the material world, I knew that the most important things in life were not things. She said that perhaps all the things in life have not corrupted me yet and the greatest wisdom is to not answer to what the world wants but what I want. And I left with a measure of truth and peace to look for what I wanted in life.

I left on my own terms and left knowing what my heart wanted. The greatest treasure is a piece of happiness that you can not buy, and love that you can not ask for. In life, I figured out that the best treasures lay not in how short these material gains can make you. Sure, it empowers you and gives you an illusion that you have what people covet and desire. But, what is it that I want? I want to be ten years, twenty years, fifty years down the road living in a family of love. To be passionate and believe in everything that I do and live in. To live without the "fake" stuff that does not last. Why settle for the temporary and not the real things that will be with you until the end?

I think I found my treasures now, having what I need and what I will need for a lifetime. A job I am passionate about and have the freedom to express my thoughts and make a positive difference and of course true love thats absolutely the most beautiful thing that you can hope but might never find. Todays going to be a great Saturday because I still love you and Evil Janet still loves me back.

The suns calling and lifes simply perfect.

PS. Baby, thinking about you every second.

0 comments:

Post a Comment