Thursday, April 16, 2009

Never saying sorry

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."

Ali MacGraw (Jennifer Cavalieri) in Love Story (1970)



Just went through an episode in our relationship and in a strange way, we have come back stronger and loving each other more. I think its a learning process that we're going through and it does make you wonder on what will happen next. I truly believe that love is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. The true essence of love is risking everything for the dream that nobody sees but you. If theres magic in love, its the magic of believing beyond all the noises the world throws at you and all the thoughts that make you afraid, to just believe.

When theres doubt, you keep moving on. Thats what love is. Its not just holding hands, kissing, and whispering sweet nothings. That's what a relationship needs. What is real? How do you define real? If you mean what we can taste, smell, hear and feel then what's "real" is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain. What is real in love then? After the honeymoon period is over if its not about only the passion?

I think love is about giving and believing even when its painful and there are doubts. Because when you are commited, the sun will shine again and chase away the rain. And when it shines, it will shine all the more beautiful. You can't get a rainbow without the rain, and you can never treasure happiness without the pain of growing with the relationship. I want to make Evil Janet a believer and hopefully she'll whisper to me the sentence I've been waiting to hear and the one she has never said to anyone. All you need to do, is believe.

Michael Jordan, the greatest athlete to play basketball said it best, "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

0 comments:

Post a Comment