Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breakfast at Linda's

There is a place You can touch a woman that will drive her crazy...Her heart.

~ Milk Money

And they say that theres a place that can drive a man crazy...His stomach. Not sure how many agree on that point though. One of the most beautiful things that she does to make sure my day is perfect and starts with a smile is the meals she makes sure are perfect. The breakfast that she pours her heart into when she wakes up early is really something which touches my heart everytime.

From the crazy hours that she endures to wake up even when her eyes tells her not to, to brave the kitchen in the wee hours of the morning and all the work while ensuring that shes not late to work, every effort that she puts in, my heart feels it and is humbled. Humbled by how much she would do just to make me smile that little bit and just be able to see by all these things that I am the most important person in her life. She doesn't have to prepare a mountain of a meal or the most expensive of ingredients. Because each ingredient shes chosen indeed shows how much care she has for me. Each perfected meal shows how much she wants our love to be perfect.

They say you can tell a lot from the way a person looks at you. Her eyes is a storyboard beyond comparison. I have often described it as the brightest stars of my skies and even whispered that to her. Her eyes when she brings me my every morning customary breakfast simply says this: "I have done my best. I hope you like this. And I hope you definitely like me". And you know what baby, I love every breakfast, or every brekkie as the Americans call it, and I definitely love you baby. Your smile and you, are the best breakfast any man could ask for, even for this silly man who can't stop grinning when you first appear in the morning.

Now, lets see, if I were to compile my list of my favourite breakfast this would be it:-

1. Evil Janet on a silver platter and accompanying garnishes
2. Owner of a prince with raw sashimi
3. Elf with sambal toppings
4. Continental meal with you on a beach. Think Redang baby.
5. Any meal that your hand touches.

PS. Bie, you're the sweetest meal that melts my heart, the spiciest food that excites my everyday and the best gourmet that perfects my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment