Saturday, May 2, 2009

waiting for tomorrow

Alicia: How big is the universe?
Nash: Infinite.
Alicia: How do you know?
Nash: I know because all the data indicates it's infinite.
Alicia: But it hasn't been proven yet.
Nash: No.
Alicia: You haven't seen it.
Nash: No.
Alicia: How do you know for sure?
Nash: I don't, I just believe it.
Alicia: It's the same with love I guess.



I often revisit the movie "A Beautiful Mind" because for one, I liked that movie and two, there are parallels with whats happening in the relationship between Evil Janet and me. Somehow, that was the inspiration between the flick and me that I named my blog after that movie when I started this. Maybe some part of me knew ahead that this would happen? But that would be impossible. But it does make me wonder at this moment. Its the third day and the final day of waiting and perhaps thats why the movie came back to strike me again. Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart. I think God must be a painter. Why else would we have so many colors?

She asked me to bring colours back into her life. What I didn't tell her was that I could barely see beyond the darkness when she left. The colour was the elements that both of us saw for the first time when love is so so beautiful. It was the elements that we were missing while we were cruising through life. But when were in love, every small thing that didin't matter seem to matter and everything with her was so deep and you keep cherishing everything. Nothing becomes too small or not important. Life becomes so beautiful. Of course both of us hope to see it that way always, as colourful as it is now, but the colours will change and it will be more beautiful, as long as we hold each other's hands through this journey called life. Todays really beautiful and shes so near, nearer than other days.

Funny how I hear birds chirping today. Were they not there on other days? Somehow thinking about her this morning is not so painful and more calm and beautiful. I think she must have wished it for me before she went to bed last night. That in her I will always find a measure of peace and a haven from the world. Typing this, I can't get the thought out of my head that it will only be a few more hours before I see the brightest stars in my skies again. Wonder if she'll be tired? Maybe I should get her her fav mango drink? Maybe I should just stop bothering about the small stuff and think how best to get her to fall in love again when she touches down?

Or maybe I just need to smile and love her with all I have. Its that simple but sometimes love can be simple. All you need to do is believe and just love.



PS. Bie, love is in the simple things but the most important things that we see and we sometimes miss a lot when it goes away. I want to give you a forever of a hobbit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment