Sunday, July 5, 2009

can i bake you an ever after?

Danielle: A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?
Leonardo da Vinci: Then I shall have to make you wings.
Danielle: And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears or she does, and you're too distracted to notice?
Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention

~ Ever After



Shes back. My life is complete.

Was so tempted to just type that as todays blog entry because thats all that matters. For real. Am still half dazed on a Monday morning that shes back and no gift meant more to me than seeing her smile and being with her. I don't bake very well and my cooking skills are very limited to the point of producing a perfectly fried egg is a task I struggle with, but would like to write this recipe down as something that I would want to achieve and commit to. As always, everythings about you baby.

Some basic pointers and guidelines for beginners in approaching all life attempts at baking:-

1. Keep the flame of love alive by telling my baby that I love her everyday and saying shes beautiful and mean it. If she asks why and how do I know, the answer is always because if anyone should know whether shes beautiful or not, that lucky person should be me because I'm going to spend a lifetime adoring and admiring this same face I wake up to every morning.

2. In order to mend a broken heart, its not always about the quality of the dough that you use. Its always about why the need to mend in the first place. Respect the art of loving and the tolerance that it demands to make baking a lifetime perfect.

3. The most standard approach to woo the senses is not by using the most expensive ingredients or the sweetest toppings that you can buy. Its about being yourself when there is nothing left to hide and you will know you have her impressed when she loves you in all your imperfections. That somehow you do not need to work hard to suppress your weaknesses because she loves all that makes you, simply you.

4. Patience is a virtue, apply it in all aspects and in all areas of your and her life. Being patient is not in waiting for her or in trying to understand her. Being patient is in willing to be there when it hurts and listen to everything she has to say because its important and I am not always right. Being patient is the ability to stand by her side in the bleakest of hours and hold her hand while the storm is going on outside and she needs you in that moment. When you can not hold her hand, simply remember to always be with her no matter what and remind her that you will always be for a lifetime.

5. Watch the fire. When shes upset and pissed off, offer your hand for her to bite and release. Just kidding. When she's upset and unhappy, be by her side and cry with her even if you have no tears to spare because it hurts you more than her and you want to get better with her. So love her and cherish and treasure her when the world doesn't know how to appreciate the greatest treasure mankind will ever find.

With the basics now covered, the recipe of the day is to bake simple cookies. Yes, I know most people can bake cookies and I'm really silly to want to cover this but this is my recipe for my lion from a heart that has not stopped beating for her and a mind that refuses to stop thinking about her.

Chocolate Chip Sealamb Cookies

Note: This is to serve 1314 helpings or in human terms, a lifetime supply (change servings and units to suit your taste buds and life preference)

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups margarine (not butter although my baby likes butter because butter makes them too flat or at least thats what I picked up in a kitchen in New Zealand) or can be substituted for 1 1/2 cup of her smiles
* 1 1/4 cups crunchy peanut butter (this one she likes but only her preferred brand and I spoil by her also allowing this) or can be substituted for 1 1/4 cups of pampering
* 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup of holding your hand whenever I have the chance to
* 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup of thinking about you every second
* 2 eggs (she likes eggs! :) ) or 2 helpings of hugs always when she needs them and when she does not need them
* 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon of hiding with her in between sheets on a rainy day
* 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or 3 1/4 cups of being every role that she needs you to be from the chauffeur, bodyguard, kitchen hand, dive buddy, best friend, phone buddy, blogger, lover, to life partner and everything new role she needs you to be
* 1 teaspoon baking powder or 1 teaspoon of watching tv with her on a cosy day and laze around
* 1 teaspoon baking soda or 1 teaspoon of walking her dog with her
* 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon of kisses in the morning
* 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips (choc another of her fav)
* white sugar, to roll cookies in or to just ask her to roll in my arms

Directions and Techniques

* Pay close attention to each step and messing means the baking turns out awkward and you need to constantly pay attention to making sure that her life is perfect

1. Sift together dry ingredients. Think of it as starting and always continuing to maintain the basic needs of the relationship by always being there for her and doing your best and sincerest in all things no matter how big or small. You may think she doesn't notice but treat her like shes the entire world to you because she really is.



You do not always know how it will turn out, but I believe that shes the one, my Trinity


2. Cream butter and sugars is mixed in next. Always add in joy and happiness in her life. You need to feed on her smiles. So feed yourself by treating her like she deserves to be, always number one.

3. Add eggs and vanilla and stir together. This is to generate flavour. Go through every thick and thin together and always be by her side, walking and never letting her hand go.

4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture gradually and mix until blended. This is to really get all the ingredients working together and meshing well. In everything, to think for the both of us and remember that its always about both of us, the only time there is time to think about myself is when I want to be a jerk and an arse to piss her off and disrupt the mix. Which is bad juju and a definite no-no.

5. Add chocolate chip. And make her life really be like a box of chocolates. Only this time every time she reaches into the box, she pulls out smiles and memories that makes her coming back for more.



It may not be perfect everytime, but baby I'm trying


6. Roll in balls and roll in sugar. Criss cross with a fork. Adding designs and dressing is a nice touch. Always remember to not embarrass her although you are an ass like me and can't be bothered to dress well or be bothered with social niceness.

7. Bake 8 minutes @ 350 degrees (Will be just a little brown) Take out. Do not overbake or they will be too crunchy. Do not overbake the relationship. Always be patient. Read back general rule number four. Let love bake for a liftime. The only person that can make this happen is you so work hard to dedicate yourself to be loyal and loving to last forever and ever.

8. Remove to a wire rack and let cool. Once alls said and done, relax and hold her hand until both lose teeth, grow grey hair and become fat asses together watching each sunrise and sunset with the world.



It's not the most beautiful like me, but I love you and hope you love me forever too


The choc chip cookie can only be how much you want it to be. This is a lifetime labour of love, dedication, sacrifice for each other, desire to make things happen and a willingness to live a same purpose together. I'm baking my own choc chip cookie. I made mistakes in screwing up some steps but I'm never going to look at my mistakes as I mould a perfect cookie for a perfect person I've found. I love you and I'm making it last a lifetime, this cookie's for you baby.

PS. Bie, I am everything that you need me to be, be it with wings or fins, I come with a lifetime guarantee that promises to charm your mind, excite your senses, woo your heart, complete your life. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment