Sunday, July 5, 2009

I feel like dancing

Soul mates. It's extremely rare, but it exists. It's sort of like twin souls tuned into each other. It just so happened I found mine that looks just like you standing in front of me looking right at me now that I would give up heaven for you.

~ What Dreams May Come



Recording the final posts to a hundred seems a journey by itself. Have not really paid attention to the posts that I've written but only when my lion mentioned it did I bother to go back and count. It really doesn't feel or seem like I've written much for her. My heart simply speaks and my hands listen to it beat before it dances for her. Admitedly even at my best, the words I scribble and the symphony of phrases I can conjure can not match her elegance and beauty on the dance floor. But this simple dance is for her. And its a solo on a floor that echoes I love you baby the only way I know how to say it best.

Every turn or spin requires the dancer to focus on keeping his/her balance. This is achieved through focus and spotting. Other elements also include body alignment and placement of the arms. For the purposes of dancing Salsa, the dance steps borrow Focus and Spotting from other dances such as Jazz and Ballet. When I dance across the keyboard, the only thing I'm focused on is your smile and the only spotting is the mind and heart are one in saying that you will always know that I love you. The only thing I need to borrow is your heart and I will need it for a lifetime.

Spotting is applied when a dancer is turning solo or is caused to turn. Spotting is the act of causing your head and eyes to “start last” and “finish first” throughout the sequence of spins while keeping your body centered. What’s important about spotting is to learn how to “separate” the head from the body when turning. The effect of not spotting is dizziness. If I do not spot her clouds from far away, I end up more than dizzy. I need to always keep my head separated from my heart that is anxious about her all the time and to be calm enough to hold her hand when the whole world is falling apart around us.

Since the head is heavy, it needs to be controlled as the body spins or turns. At first, everyone feels the effect of dizziness. Since our eyes are like the lens on glasses and cameras, everyone will find themselves going out of focus and then back into focus. Eventually, people become more accustomed to focusing eyes and balancing the body to accomplish single or multiple turns. My head often gets carried away by silly thoughts and my eyes do not see the truth when I'm needed to. So I choose to be by her side and listen before any storm carries us away. As I walk more with her, I learn how best to love perfection in all the turns of this story called life.

The name "Salsa" is the Spanish word for sauce, which indicates (in American Spanish) a spicy flavor. Salsa as a dance for Salsa music was created by Spanish-speaking people from the Caribbean which mixes African and European dance influences through the music and dance fusions that are the roots of Salsa. The dance steps currently being danced to salsa music come from the sun, but were influenced by many other Cuban dances such as Mambo, Cha cha cha, Guaracha, Changüí, Palo Monte, Rumba, Abakuá, Comparsa and sometimes even Mozambique. Walking with you is the sharing of passion which is simply born from the infusion of emotions and the creativity born of expressing how important you are to me. We are the same but different enough to create our own unique journey through life so walk with me.

The basic step of all styles of salsa involves 3 weight changes (or steps) in each 4 beat measure. The beat on which one does not step might contain a tap or kick, or weight transfer may simply continue with the actual step not occurring until the next beat. Some individuals may insert an actual pause. One of the steps is a "break step" a little bit longer than the other two. Different styles of Salsa are often differentiated by the direction and timing of the break step ("on 1" or "on 2" for example). After 6 weight changes in 8 beats, the basic step cycle is complete. We have weight changes in our relationship too and it involves a lot of patience and understanding. I do not say that there won't be storms ahead waiting for us but we will walk this complete step cycle, so you need to trust me and give me your hand always.

As a salsa dancer changes weight the upper body remains level and nearly unaffected by the weight changes. Caught in the middle are the hips which end up moving quite a bit--the famous "Cuban hip movement." My steps follow you while my eyes are fixed on you, unable to move anywhere else. Caught in the middle is my heart which ends up being in a storm -- the famous "Beating only for a sealion".

In a salsa dance, the arms are used to communicate the lead in either open or closed position. In open position the two dancers hold one or both hands, especially for moves that involve turns, or putting arms behind the back, or moving around each other. In closed position, the leader puts the right hand on the follower's back, while the follower puts the left hand on the leader's shoulder. In life, we take turns leading each other, no matter what baby, just don't let go off me because a lamb needs a lion or it gets lost. I don't dance well or to put it in a more honest light, I can't dance at all but this one dance I will hold your hand for is this little dance called love. And its going to last a lifetime.

PS. Bie, dance this forever and ever with me. Dance with me to the beat of I Love You and hold me tight because the only dance of life we will have will be beautiful for our lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment