Tuesday, October 20, 2009

nitemares go away but i am here to stay

“You are what I never knew I always wanted”

~ Fools Rush In



Lion had a nightmare today and it woke her up crying. Definitely not the best way to wake up to a day. And she's been having these weird nightmares recently. All I hope is that day by day by loving her more, all these dreams will be just dreams that fade away with time. It's okay to be afraid and nervous about a relationship and it's okay to have nightmares. Because its the responsibility of a lamb to make a lion feel secure and safe every moment each day.

So I am writing this note. Not to comfort because only love comforts. And only when I have loved enough can trust be earned. There is nothing to complain about but there is a lot to care about. Today is beautiful. I know you did not wake up to something beautiful today but I am going to make it beautiful for us. Dreams will fade but I am here to stay. I am here baby. Like always for you, for us. Today, the sun is shining again because today you came back after two days and today I will paint you this smile that will warm your heart.

It started with a note, it follows with a blogpost and it will continue with all these things that I want you to see. So what is it that I want you to see today baby? I want you to see how much a lamb will make you happy. I want you to see how much joy you bring to me and how important you are to me today. But most importantly, baby, I want you to see this love that we share. I do not promise that maybe tonight the nightmares will not come back but I promise I will be here to keep you warm if they choose to return. I will be here to chase them away and I will be here to paint you smiles.

Nightmare comes from an Old English word, maere which means 'goblin, incubus.' The term nigt-mare began in 1300, and it referred to an evil female spirit afflicting sleepers with a feeling of suffocation. To Red Indians, it is a sign of the spirits that talked to them and to ancient Egyptians, these dreams were warnings from the world of the dead. Psychologists believed that nightmares are what we are most afraid of. Baby, there is this story about nightmares and how they began.

There is this tale shared among ancient tribes of neighboring Maya that speaks of dreams and nightmares. They say that in the beginning, man did not need sleep and they were free to wander the earth walking among the gods. And those were peaceful times with no darkness. There was this goblin god who was mischievous and was envious of the happiness around. So the goblin god made a pact with the imps of the underworld to unleash darkness to the world. Carefully, they broke apart the gates of Charath, the underworld and darkness was unleashed to the world. The breaking of the gates tore the world apart

The gods and men shocked by the sudden darkness were in despair and within the darkness, the imps wrecked utter havoc. Many lost their minds in fright at the sight of these imps. The gods anxious to protect man, drew over a cloud that made them sleep so that the imps could not drive them mad. One by one they cast the imps back to the underworld. Some of the imps hid and invaded the dreams of man in revenge, appearing in all forms and shapes to terrify man. But sleep protected them as the gods rooted them out. They say until today they are still some lingering and some still escape the broken gates but each are hunted down and taken away by the gods.

Bie, I am no god but I am here to protect you from any eventuality of any nightmare. I am here to say that I will always be around and that there is nothing to fear. I know it's easier to say than to do, but today is beautiful and today I am going to make you smile. Watch me gallop those nightmares away baby. And if those naughty imps dare appear in your sleep, rest assured that although I am no knight, but I am here to fight for our happiness and I am here to bring that smile back to where it belongs. Love you baby.



If these imps appear in your nightmare baby, lamb is here to kick their butt!!!

PS. Baby, I am here waiting to see you and today really is beautiful. Nightmare or not, lamb is here. I will always be here so have no fear, let me see that smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment