Sunday, March 14, 2010

the only plan - is you

So, this is love... so, this is love. So, this is what makes life real good. I'm all aglow... and now I know, the key towards heaven is love....

~ Cinderella




West Side Story once quipped, "Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever. In my eyes, in my words, and in everything I do." Some people say that their lives revolve around someone and everything they do is just for that person. And people call them foolish. I'll take foolish any day as long as that person I fall for is you.

When you are able to wake up to a moment of joy, that is happyness. But what if you are able to wake up to moments of joy everyday without you asking for it? That is more than a blessing and something that can easily be taken for granted. But more importantly, how much it can shape a day for someone as long as that moment holds so much relevance and importance.

That is the essence of love. To hold a moment to last a lifetime. It's easy as humans to forget. For us to let go of the great moments simply because it has passed us by. The problem with us humans is that the emotions do not linger and sometimes we forget how much it means to be able to taste it and live it. That is why I am reminded everyday when I open my eyes, that this warmth next to me is that same single warmth that will continue to light up my life. It's not because I have to remember that it becomes happyness.

But because this warm feeling inside, even after the warmth has passed away, that feeling of holding on and wanting it is strong. Because there is magic in love and for some it fades faster, for me, it lingers and grows.

Sometimes as humans, we let the moments slip by because too many other moments demand our time and attention. But that's the funny part about us. We multitask and beneath all our immediate thoughts, there are innate ones that we hide or not let out in the open. I will not say that every moment is of you, my lion, but I will say that every moment, is of happyness that comes from you and about you. And somehow that warmth, this thing called love, never seems to fade. Sometimes it sneaks out in smses, chats, emails and words, but it's always there.

I write this today. At the moment of crossroads. At the intersection of another path. Yes, I do not have all the answers but I know this. I love you, and that is the only direction I need. I will be leaving AirAsia soon and that in itself is painful on so many personal levels. This is where we met and no matter how my days here end, this was a place where love found it's place, grew and still grows. So inspite of all the temporary emotions at the end of my days here, it never changes the fact that there is always warmth here. Because of you.

Looking ahead at the decisions to be made, my mind is clear and my heart is steady. I do not know the answer while typing this down. But thought it would be a welcome distraction to let you know that underneath it all, I love you and that in itself is a beautiful thing.

PS. Bie, amidst all the noises and all the distractions, you are true, the only thing true that I can count on and look forward to each day. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment