Wednesday, March 24, 2010

training day

Was on the side of the agency after so many years. Feels rusty being at the forefront again for a turn. Wore long sleeves again after ages and the pants could barely hold in all that growing fat from the days in AirAsia. Lion said I looked fat, I think I look different. Am seeing things different now from the brash man who barged into everything with passion and maybe it's a sign of growth or it could be just a lesson in life. I still live by passion and I don't think it's learning from the past that keeps me in check. But maybe I've learned what it takes to make things successful.

Today had a glimpse of a client I will be working with for a long time to come. Like the ocean, it had it's ups and downs and like the ocean, the meeting held so much underneath the surface. So much potential yet at times the surface was murky with so many potential problems to come.

Felt a tinge of excitement at starting another social media project from ground up again and it admittedly is another challenge worth getting up to work for. Too often, I ask myself if I was on most days in AirAsia so swept away with complacency and finding excuses to let the passion drain away. I always thought it was passion that was too energy consuming that in time caused burn-out. But sitting in the meeting today, listening, looking at another team have a stab and a go at something I saw through my own eyes, I think it was more, no company offered a vision compelling enough for me to stay passionate.

Looking back, I realised how reckless it all seemed to kickstart the social media assets at AirAsia. But I know it was precisely because I was reckless and crazy enough that it succeeded. May that hunger and passion never die out.

Having a hand in my own career path like never before, I wonder if things this time might be different. So much excitement and the "ocean" beckons and calls. Everything seems right again. Can't wait for the passion to engulf and overcome me once I put on that shirt and pants again. Same pants, same shirt, all new day. Can't hardly wait. Wonder if the passion will last. The ocean calls. Here we go go go.

PS. Bie, have I told you that you're beautiful today. Thanks for waiting and thanks for being here at the start of a new chapter.

3 comments:

puglet said...

good luck lamb chop..

奇濛子 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
奇濛子 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment