Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Enjoy today

Yvonne has officially labeled me a walking zombie in the office since Monday and I wonder why. In only three days, I now look like this...



I was given strict instructions after the 20th person asked me why was I looking gloomy and sad faced. Instructions were simple, smile more or die (nola not really die but something along the same lines). Today I'm smiling more and its because of a certain someone.

Xiang Yu (項羽) was a legendary character of the old warring states more famous than his rival, Liu Bang who would be the founder of the 400 year Han dynasty. Xiang Yu of the province of Chu was the first to use the title 'par wong' and was the inspiration behind the adoption of my name. According to history, Xiang Yu was defeated by backhanded tactics of Liu Bang after the latter reneged on the pact to divide the heavens into two.

But all legends tell of how Xiang Yu at his end with his concubine, Yuji (虞姬) (couldn't marry her as she was not royal blood but she was the love of his life in the feudal days). Some say he lost because she was killed and some said he lost all will to fight after she was gone. The great tyrant brought to his end because of his love. What more for a blogger who has the same name?

Zhao Zilong, the great general of Liu Bei of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms fame, once said, "I seek fame not women". Thewreck says, "I seek my baby and nothing else!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment