Wednesday, April 29, 2009

EJ says "I can do better..."

Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away

Hitch (Will Smith)



I think love and being in a relationship is similar. Its not how many heart beats that you have with her but rather how many breathes you share with her that steals your life away. Its not about how much you should be part of her life but rather, how much of this thing called happiness you can give to her. Its easy to demand to be number one in her life because you think shes number one in yours. If you love her, you do not need to demand and think you should always be number one. You need to step back and look at her. Money, everyone can find and work for. Precious stones any expert hand can make. Expensive stuff, many can afford to spend on lavishly. But what I can do for her, is be with her and achieve with her what matters most in her life.

Was at the petrol pump this morning and I was still early, a bit too early to call on her. Wanted to get the Star at the kiosk but something about the look of the attendant turned me off. Maybe it was the sun in my eyes or the annoyance at lining up to pay for so long, I'm not sure. But I wanted to wait for her this morning and to give her more time to rest. There are only a few things in this world that beats that extra few minutes in bed especially on a working day. Then she called, it was instantaneous and the sun creeping up that was so annoying became so beautiful. I could swear I heard birds chirping just around the hills. I was lifted into a musical and my day was a love story waiting to happen.

And thats how it is every morning only everyday it becomes so much more beautiful and the message beating in my heart becomes so much more powerful. Everyday, I get up open my eyes and repeat the same process of self discovery that I'm loving her more and more with each passing day. Shes been listening to me ramble a lot lately and we just got off msn. Wanted her to know that being with her, I knew I wouldn't always be number one. I mean, I told her I loved her because I really do eventhough I knew I would not always be number one in her facets of life. She lives with passion and love for so many things. People say love is about giving yourselves wholeheartedly to the other and I could not agree more. I love her knowing that at times and most times, I would need to take a backseat to her other passions.

She likes to dance and definitely wants to dive. I know these passions take up a lot of time that maybe we could be together with. But I understand that you do not demand these from her. You do not take away the passion from her life. From her friends who shape her to her family that cares for her, loving her means sharing all these with all of them. At these times, I will not be number one and I shouldn't be as well. Loving her means understanding and accepting these and yet love her more. Simple isn't it?

I wish I could give her a compass so that she can always find her way back to my heart when shes lost. That I could always be with her eventhough I can't possibly in all that she does. I do not need her to do better or to change. Because I fell in love with the her whos her. My love for her does not require all these. My love for her demands that she be number one in everything and thats what I will always do for her. I do hope for more time with her but only if it does not steal more slices of her heart. I would definitely like it if she smiles for me but I would be equally happy if shes happy because of others although in some stuff I do not understand why or what. I do not need to understand everything but I need to love her in everything which is also simple.

PS. Bie i do not need better because you're perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment