Monday, April 13, 2009

sun, sea, sand and stars...

Anna: Can I stay for a while?
William: You can stay forever.



Someone once said, "There is some comfort in the emptiness of the sea, no past, no future." We are always looking for something, that one moment that we all seek, and few of us ever find.

If I would write a fairytale the way my weeks have gone by, I would have been labeled a cheat and a fake. In fact, I've gone way past believing and making myself believe to just enjoying the moment during the past week. Can you imagine sit back on the sands, look up at the dawning night and you see the glowing sun, the countless stars and you listen to the music of the waves. You look downwards and you see the most beautiful stars looking back at you and for that one moment, that single moment, your heart melts like no tomorrow.

Redang was beautiful but not as beautiful when we danced under the stars. We sang whatever songs we could remember when all we could think of loving each other. I'm not sure it was the sun or the moon, but when she said it was the sun then I believe it was the sun. All that mattered was that when I looked into her eyes, I saw my forever.

We did all tourists would do in Redang but everywhere we go, it was wonderful. The weather would follow our mood to suit what we want and everything simple became special. We did the necessary snorkeling which was good but not spetacular. We had meals by the beach and the chalet managers knew us by name, or rather me by name. There was a lot of warmth and nothing was more picture perfect. Did more than the normal tourist look see look see which took up only a small portion of the time. Simply put, the entire trip was a hugely satisfying affair that one day from now, when the weather gets gloomy and the day is not so pleasant, I will pull up the picture memories from last weekend and just smile.

I've spent a quarter of my life looking for the moment and just when you thought you've seen it all, everything comes at the right time when you do not look for anything. I hope to spend the rest of whats left of my life with the important things that I found in Redang and to make the words I said become true. Its easy to say things but I believe I can make it true because of that special someone. I thought I loved with all I had but it just continues to surprise me. Got up today and found that I love Evil Janet more. And I get up wanting to be a better man for both of us.

I wish I could invent a word greater than euphoria, unlimited joy, pure happiness and all the love in the world rolled into one. I wish I could introduce her as the love of my life and the only girl I could care about. I hope that she would never let my hand go forever. After the weekend and when we got on the boat back, the only thing on my mind that stayed was her, which will remain until the end.

PS. Get me my shirt right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment