Friday, April 24, 2009

think less love more



Carter Chambers: What are you going to do before you die?
Edward Cole: Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world.
Carter Chambers: How are you going to do that?
Edward Cole: Volume!

Bucket List is a beautiful movie about two men, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, two of my favourite actors, who go on a three month journey before they die. They do what they felt they need to do and they made the last three months the most meaningful of their lives. They confront the truth in themselves and they understand at the end that life is beautiful and that three months living with life in all honesty set them free. Before they know it, they made a difference in each other.

I've been giulty of a lot of nonsensical thoughts lately and I think I've been approaching the whole issue from a wrong perspective thats been upsetting both of us. I've been giulty of thinking too much and doing a lot less loving. Bie, I'm sorry and I need to make it official. I think its important to live the moment and at times, I let the moment get the better of me. Then I forget to love her wholeheartedly and make her lost as well. And its painful for both of us. I think its important to confess that we simply can not waste more time on the not necessary and start living every moment with the necessary. I need to listen more. I must love her more.

Love lasts so long because we are gradually learning more and more about the initial personality that one fell in love with at first sight, or came to fall in love over time. And we are continually falling/rising in love with the growing and evolving person that shares our life with us. The question is, how much time will love give me. My heart desires a lifetime and I hope she does to tomorrow, next week, next month, a lifetime. All I need to do is love her forever. Which is simple.

PS. Baby, todays beautiful because of you. Did I tell you that you're the most beautiful woman of my life today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment