Thursday, May 28, 2009

friday lights out

" I always thought that there was this one perfect person for everybody in the world, you know, and when you found that person the rest of the world kind of magically faded away, and, you know, the two of you would just be inside this kind of protective bubble, but there is no bubble, I mean if there is, you have to make it, I just think life is more than a series of moments, you know. We can make choices, and we can choose to protect the people we love, and that's what makes us who we are and those are the real memories "

~ Forces of Nature



There are two kinds of breakfasts in this world. A note to make, my personal favourite was the one that was supposed to come on a silver platter. Its funny how people say that the breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I never used to agree on that but lately, the truth has never been more true. A good breakfast makes me smile for hours at a time but a great breakfast simply makes my day and makes me glow in a funny way. Its a Friday and I feel like an answering machine repeating that its the end of another week again and the beginning of what I know will be another fabulous weekend. This weekend is special because my baby's leaving on a jet plane for many nights and I know I will be missing her and this weekend so much when she leaves :(

The world as people say and describe is cruel and heartless in many many ways. And people end up delusional that the only thing in their lives are sadness and more lies and deceit behind every corner. What we can decide, and what we should be concerned about always is how we react to all these or even in most times not react at all and live the way we feel is right. Many things get thrown at us that makes us have funny physical weird feelings to inner doubts to thoughts that are unsettling. There are compasses in our lives that we need to hold on to so that we never get lost. My compass is our love. I believe that as long as I know my priority is constantly you, its way too hard to get lost along the way.

Its the start to another weekend and somehow both of us knows it will be perfect. Perfect because with your hand and you, nothing can go wrong. Thats the believe that I want you to have baby, that with you and us together, no matter which storm comes our way, we will ride it through intact and full of love. But enough of the negativity and pessism like my horoscope describes I am, firstly I'm writing this to chase away your fears and weird feelings but most importantly, I am writing this in order to write another chapter of smiles together.

Thinking about our DL list, the world is so complete and so full of hope. It sustains me on the times I feel like nothing is working out and the times that I'm tempted to be 'childish'. Baby, I want to say something simple straight to your heart with this post. Like Ben Affleck in Forces of Nature, just because we're together, a bubble does not automatically appear around us and keeps us safe. We need to create that bubble, by believing in our love. Yes, its only two months young but its the same love that will sustain us for a lifetime. We have choices and I've made mine to commit for a lifetime and to protect your heart from anything and everything that the world could possibly throw at us.

We've had so many beautiful moments, but its not these that make us that bubble. Its in the way you try hard to make me the center of your universe, the way you refuse to let go of my hand and the way you make me all your reasons too. This post is to say, you're not alone in doing all that and that we are here to make this happen together, one step at a time, one day at a time. One day, look back with me baby and we'll realised we've walked a lifetime.

PS. Bie, I still want to get a silver platter and your fav toy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment