Tuesday, May 12, 2009

holding her hand on a Thursday

Jerry: Hello. I'm looking for my wife. Alright. If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen. I'm not letting you get rid of me. How about that? This used to be my specialty. I was good in a living room. Send me in there, I'll do it alone. And now I just... I don't know...but our little company had a good night tonight. A really big night. But it wasn't complete, it wasn't nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn't share it with you. I couldn't hear your voice, or laugh about it with you. I missed my wife. We live in a cynical world, and we work in a business of tough competitors, I love you. You complete me. And I just...
Dorothy: Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello.



I was thirteen when I first saw Jerry Maguire. I still remember the phone conversation when Jerry (Tom Cruise) dialled wanting to speak to his estranged wife, Dorothy (Renee Zellweger) and he said that she completed him. Dorothy said that Jerry had her simply at hello, that the rest was not necessary. Sometimes, words are not necessary. I figured that out some time ago but what should I do when words are all I have to take her heart away and keep her falling in love with me?

Its a Thursday. The week seemed to have flew by in the blink of an eye. Its like I've been holding her hand while being sucked into this time zone whirpool and the seconds just keep slipping by us. Blink again and its the weekends again and the end of another week. She said it best that its been a rollercoaster but the weekends always brings some calm to us and its exhilirating to just do nothing but look at her for as long as time allows me to. These two days have been slow drives to the office, taking in as much time as I could since I'm no longer zipping along the highway at breakneck speed in between cars as I no longer try to break new record times each morning. I feel more calm now since imposing my own speed limit.

Haven't drove her for two days now and my eyes have just been taking in the sights, the early morning break of dawn that splits the clouds to the blast of Hitz.fm on the radio. And as Halo was on the radio, I couldn't help but smile as I thought of my baby in bed. Switched it to mute and dialled her number. Heard an angel in the morning and was driving my way again past the hills, back to the office where I would see her again in a few hours. I always think of what to write when I'm navigating to the airport. My heart wants to say so much but how to make her fall in love with me again today? Its a fair distance and gives me time to plan the day ahead. Today, I'm planning on painting her a smile that won't go away the entire morning. Not sure if I can do it, but its worth a try.

Besides the dialogue from Jerry Maguire, I still remember the catch phrase from the movie; that the journey is everything. I do believe that my life begins now. It ain't easy to love someone perfect but you live by it day by day, one step at a time.

PS. Bie, you complete me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment