Monday, May 11, 2009

You are my only one

Wei Yi

Wo de tian kong duo mo de qing xi
tou ming de cheng luo shi guo qu de kong qi
qian zhe wo de shou shi ni dan ni de xiao rong que kan bu qi

shi fou yi ge xing xing bian le xing
chong qian de yuan wang ye quan dou gei pao qi
zhiu jing wowu fa hu xi lian zhi ji de ying zhi dou xiang tao bi

Baby ni jiu shi wo de wei yi liang ge shi jie dou bian xing
hui qi tan he rong yi
que ding ni jiu shi wo de wei yi du zhi dui zhe dian hua shuo wo ai ni
wo zhen de ai ni
Baby wo yi bu neng duo ai ni yi xie

qi shi zao yi chao guo le ai de shi xian

This song by Wang Lee Hom roughly tranlates as "My Only One". To be honest, my Mandarin is laughable limited to the basics that probably any kid would know. Heck, even kids would laugh at me. But this song does mean something and pulls my heart everytime I hear it. I heard it under the stars holding her hand dancing to the waves. I heard it again when she sang it meaning it for me. I really love you Baby. I cannot love you more than this. Actually, it has already passed the limit of love. Baby you're my only one.



Chris Nielsen: I forgive you.
Annie Nielsen: For killing my children and my sweet husband?
Chris Nielsen: For being so wonderful, a guy would choose hell over heaven just to be around you.

What Dreams May Come is a 1998 film about soulmates Chris (Robin Williams) and Annie (Anna Sciorra) are a married couple who following death of their two children in a car accident results in Annie isolating herself and becoming mentally unstable from guilt, and is sent to a mad house. After four years the couple reconciles, but on the anniversary of the event, Chris is killed in a car accident, finding himself in heaven.

Despite the paradise he is in, Chris is unhappy without Annie. When she commits suicide in guilt over Chris' death, she is sent to Hell. Adamant that they belong together, Chris decides to risk eternity in hell for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.

I think I see a lot of her in Annie, that feels guilty over a lot of things that she does not mean too. I'm definitely not as noble as Chris who in the darkest hour decides to stay in hell for her before she remembers him at the end. But I remember that this is a journey of faith and its not ending until the lifetime is over. She asked me how long I would wait and when I asked her the same, she said four years. I told her I will wait for as long as it takes and I do not think human years is a measurement tool worth using. There is no number worth giving her nor do I plan to. Shes afraid that shes wasting my time and holding me back. I do not think so, not when I believe she will smile at the end. Loves like that, it intrigues you, pulls you and does not let you leave.

I refuse to blame her and she should stop feeling guilty because its no one's fault and nobody is to feel bad. The only feeling that should be permitted to linger is love. Redemption - Thats what I'm looking for. To take away her pain. Make her believe. Its not like I'm pushing myself or pressuring myself to make this happen. Its just another step in the relationship and I'm right here for her to work out the ruffles that appear.

Her hands tell me that she does not want me to leave. So I do not plan to because my heart does not want to. I sit back and think most of the time on how do we keep walking forward. The only way is to take it one step at a time. Keep believing and never stop loving. Simple formula and driving today just being there for her, nothing feels so right. I do not know where we're heading tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, the next ten years but as long as we both believe and keep holding on, things will always be beautiful.

Todays special like everyday I'm holding her hand, and its a commitment of being together for another day. Its to tell her that shes my only one inspite of all the hurt we've both been through. No matter what, shes the one through the good times and bad, smiles and the pain, there is no other that I want other than her. If only words could tell more than that, I would have found them to tell her. You are my one, my everything.

PS. Baby ni jiu shi wo de wei yi

0 comments:

Post a Comment