Sunday, May 10, 2009

if i were rich...

I got this email from an old friend in New Zealand yesterday. Been a while since I last heard from her and the email sort of inspired me to write todays post as it touches on a subject close to everyones hearts - money and the means to do whatever your heart wanted. The email read, if I were rich:-

1. I would buy moonlight
2. Build a bedroom will have a window which can look for the world
3. Have a pet with diamond teeth
4. Employ a pretty servant always ready
5. Use glasses only made of diamonds
6. Play golf on my boat
7. Use only spring water from the Himalayas
8. Toilet paper made of money
9. A swimming pool of perfume
10. A diamond laptop
11. A gold plated car
12. 24 hour security

Seems something that everyone would like to have. Lets see, if I were to compile my rich list, it would read, "If I were rich,:-

1. I would provide you with what YOU want not what I want
2. Respect you above all the money and things that money can buy
3. Employ myself to be with you 24/7
4. Make sure that you will always be in perfect health to see the beauty of this world
5. Buy you everything which money can not buy, which is my time, my energy, my life and my love
6. Learn how to sing Sarang Hae Do Dwel Gga Yo and play the piano for you
7. See the world with you
8. Make sure you're smiling everyday because you're happy
9. Build you a home not a house
10. Give you a family and not just kids
11. Make sure I can dive with you and see the world under which you claim is so beautiful and maybe just maybe learn how to dance decent so that I do not stumble and embarass you
12. Love you all over again

Clementine: I'm gonna marry you... I know it!
Joel: Ummm... okay...
[Joel calls Clem on the telephone]
Clementine: What took you so long?
Joel: I just walked in.
Clementine: Do you miss me?
Joel: Oddly enough, I do!
Clementine: You said "I do" - I guess that means we're married!
Joel: I guess so!



The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Today I can't stop smiling. I think the happiest moment is when I look right into the stars in the morning and see myself reflected back. I often think back and examine if somehow riches would have changed me. I think it can not be proven unless it happens, so at this point in time, I'm compiling a list for the moment on what would I do if I had the two most powerful elements in the world, all the money and all the time. They say that an idle mind is the devil's workshop and I couldn't agree more. I looked at my heart and came up with the list which I felt was something I could live by for the rest of my life.

She looked at me yesterday and I saw emptiness before me. It was sad that no one knew how to love her. That no one knew how to appreciate the most important treasure. To borrow from Nickelback;

This time, I wonder what it feels like
To find the one in this life, the one we all dream of
But dreams just aren't enough

So I'll be waiting for the real thing
I'll know it by the feeling
The moment when we're meeting will play out like a scene
Straight off the silver screen

Tonight, out on the street, out in the moonlight
And you know this feels too right
It's just like déjà vu
Me standing here with you

So I'll be holding my own breath, could this be the end?
Is it that moment when I find the one that I'll spend forever with

Come to think of it, I'm already rich. Maybe I need to send out my own list.

PS. Bie, youre my list from 1 to 12 and everything else in it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

the ori list is so ridiculous, ur list is definitely better. but you compile list already must do it o! LOL!

Post a Comment