Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paris maybe?

Tae-young: If we had not met in Paris, do you think we still would have ended up together?
Ki-joo: Most likely we would have.



She told me that this was her most favourite Korean drama. Of course I was curious about Lovers in Paris by then. Came in to check the emails which flooded the inbox and had I not forced myself to on Saturday night, today would have been a complete disaster. Been fighting to find time to at least figure out and check out the drama which she spoke about with so much joy. Finally, managed to sit still and complete reading the synopsis and endless love letters of the fans of the series and concluded that I would like to spend a few weekends just watching it with her.

Its back to Monday again. Another start of a week. She told me to take it easy this week. That I should probably rest more to love her when she tired. Do not buy much of that but feel that she needs her own space now that things are back to normal so didin't bother to argue at all. Love as I've come to understand, is more than three words you whisper or mumble all the time. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day. Feel that I need to also stop talking about love so much. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing although its absolutely true. What you feel only matters to you. It is what you do to the people you love; that's what matters. That's the only thing that counts.

Think I need to love her more also in the times that I'm not able to be around her. During the times when she needs her spaces and the times when she does not need me so much. Started out wanting to write about last weekend, about perfection. But, whats the use of writing of something perfect? I'm more glad that we had the time to reconclice everything and talk, just heart to heart. I think its extremely important to be open and we managed to go past the hurdles still holding on strong, finding out more and just exploring the relationship further. I feel more commited to her than ever today. Woke up, did the same ritual and fell in love deeper than yesterday which is something I have come to expect naturally now. Drove my car out and narrowly avoided my brother's car which he so sensitively parked so close to mine, thanks brah, appreciate the assistance, and started thinking of the day ahead.

Right now, completing this, its nearly midway through the day and I'm still lost in her. I think sometimes of the quote question from Tae-young. If she has not moved in front of me, would I have fallen in love? I have my answer. Jo Sung Mo. Its the name of the theme song for Lovers in Paris. It means "Only You".

PS. Bie, Jo Sung Mo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment