Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chrononicles and Curious Cases of McLamb

I wanna tell you a little secret, being the one is just like being in love. No one needs to tell you you are in love, you just know it, through and through.

~ The Orcale, The Matrix



Thursday, 16th July Year of the Cow, Chrononicles and Curious Cases of McLamb

It has been a brutal two days. I have not been back to HQ for days and all communications seems remote. The weather has been horrible and so inviting for more rest. Two nights ago, managed to sneak in under the heavy rain in early morning but was nearly discovered placing a recorder in the Lion's den. McDog was acute and smart enough to create a diversion that the whole house would blame him instead and allow me enough time to sneak into the room next door. Hiding under the bed, I was relieved that McDog was somehow dragged by the Lion into the same room. McDog spent a good few minutes giving me a piece of his mind on how careless I was and that I was too impatient. The only excuse I had to shut him up was that he was making a commotion and was attracting more attention. I recuperated through the day but heard from McDog that the entire den was not pleased at all with the diversion he caused.

The feeling of guilt has not gone away but there is little time to spare as I set up the necessary sneaking aids around the den while it remains empty. I hid in the Lion's car earlier only to find that they were taking the Lamb's which was utter disappointment. Had to settle for eating scraps and leftovers. The plate of bacon and sausages from their cosy breakfast was left untouched and was so tempted but as a trained agent managed to control myself. That Lion sure knows how to cook. Yesterday had little opportunity for action as well with the den being all quiet the entire night. I was furious that all my efforts had gone to waster and had to sabotage the heating system, and the air-con later in the morning just to vent my frustration. At least it caused them a bit of misery and not to mention lack of sleep. I need to get back to HQ. Humans make me nervous and I miss having milk. At least I heard McDog is fed properly with milk. Sigh. These adventures seem to go on.

Was feeling like taking a risk and took the chance to hide in the car before they could get in this morning. Gladly, the Lion spoke and it was the Lion's car that they drove. It was cold this morning too like yesterday and I would have called in sick if I was on office duty but life goes on and a soldier has to be strong. The Lion was gently wrapped in the arms of the Lamb and how I wished I could have an arm around me too :( Tried to overhear anything worth listening but there was nothing recorded and it was a slow ride to the airport grounds. I remember my training jumping off war planes. McDog was equally brilliant in the air. Chuckling softly, I wondered how true could it be that the Lion & Lamb were the main culprits behind all these mysteries.

Pulling to a stop, I noted how the Lamb wanted to hold the Lion's hand but held back and saw how much he was worried about her and wanted to carry her all the way. This Lamb is weak. Must note to take advantage of the Lamb's weaknesses for the Lion in future missions. I tailed behind from a safe distance. Deciding to follow the Lion as the Lion and the Lamb went their ways, I sniffed a lot of tiredness from the Lion. This could be my opportunate moment I thought. The Lion was distraught and busy today. She seems confused and sad at the same time. Realising that no further information could be obtained, I switched targets to the Lamb. The Lamb was a more sad case, constantly sighing wondering what he could do to help the Lion. Always thinking how to make her smile.

Both targets were lost causes so far and my mission seems to be making no headway at all. I managed to find an unoccupied computer and had to key in my findings. Hopefully HQ gets news of this. Reporting over and out until the next journals of the Chronicles.

McLamb still alive

Footnote: The Lamb can not seem to smile at all when the Lion does not. They both seem to feed each other's energy all the time. Have even heard weird rumblings from the Lamb whispering to himself, "Today was beautiful because you are beautiful. And when you do not smile and hide the sun, how can there be sunshine in my life. What can I do to make you smile?". This evil plot is getting more curious by the minute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment