Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chrononicles and Curious Cases of McLamb

Daniel: So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
Sam: You really want to know?
Daniel: I really want to know.
Sam: Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel: Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam: OK. The truth is actually... I'm in love.
Daniel: Sorry?
Sam: I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel: Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam: No.
Daniel: Oh, OK, right. Well, I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Well, you know - I thought it might be something worse.
Sam: [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.



The case file has become more curious and strange as the days go by. The silly lion and lamb seem to be acting all the more weird with time. Today she smiled more than previous days and she seems to be really trying. The lamb on the other hand seems lost at what to do. They parted ways and she went off. After the last encounter tailing the lion, I knew better that it would be a complete waste of time to actually follow her again. It was rather simple actually to follow the lamb instead.

He drove rather aimlessly and barely noticed as I jumped on board his car. The weather was fine today for spying and I'm rather pleased having to hide in the boot that it was finally clean except for some trails of mud and grass. This is another mystery that needs solving but not as important as trying to spy on the more vulnerable lamb. Will send samples of the grass and mud for HQ investigations later on. I had my ears as close as I could and it was only a few minutes before the lamb started on the phone.

How curious indeed that lamb was contacting the lion. Were they operating on a separate mission but working together to ensure their success? The lamb seemed more happy than yesterday and I found his conversation rather stupid and beating round and round the bush. It seemed that all he was doing was really finding an excuse just to hang on the phone with the lion. Was this some code that I need to crack? He mentioned funny stuff in between putting down the phone about just saying things just to hear her breathe. He was happier yes but still sad which I find it hard to understand.

He mumbled things about how hard it was for her that she was trying and he appreciated everything that she did. I nearly caught a tear but it was just a flash of the light. He said what was most important was to take things one day at a time and to just live life loving. Were they planning some coordinated attack on the public now and they just had to be patient and wait for their time? He said something that it's hard to remember happy memories so the only cure is to make happier ones day by day. The lion and lamb relationship seem to be getting odd and I just can't figure it out. On the overall, it was a good day it seemed to the silly lamb and I could gather no more information. Writing this reports without getting caught seems to be getting more hard and weirder by the moment. Hoping to find more clues soon.

McLamb

0 comments:

Post a Comment