Monday, August 31, 2009

After the rain

Burke: Cristina; I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there in sickness and in health. I could say 'til death do us part, but I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic, I am not. I am sure. I am steady. And I know I am a heart man, take them apart, put them back together. I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this, I am sure. You are my partner, my lover, my very best friend. My heart, my heart, beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you, me.

~ Preston Burke, Grey's Anatomy Season Three




Baby, it's stormy today and we drove to the office together. I miss you. Although it's only been a few minutes since I last saw you but these short trip only made me miss you more. And it only made me think how nice it would be to be able to snuggle and cuddle in bed just a little while longer. Was thinking of what Burke said last night on DVD and it just seems so sweet but scripted. Was smiling when thinking back of you asking me if you would have to write your vows. Was grinning when you asked me what do I think of you. Let my words dance across paper to answer these.

Today, unlike Burke who got to mutter his wedding vows in an OR on the widescreen with scriptwriters, I would like to write my daily vows here. Baby, the only vow you might ever have to make is if you want to say how much this relationship means to you and what you would like to say about loving me. And you don't need a pen to write that down, all you need to do is just love me. So what do I think of you? When I see you baby, when I open my eyes and look at you, be it at the start of the day or in the treasure chest of my mind, all I see are two things.

I see in your eyes, eyes that only see me and everytime I look at those diamonds of yours, there's no two stars more beautiful in the universe. The second thing I see when you appear, is someone that I love and can't live without a lifetime. So what do I think when I see you? I see this perfect lady that I would like to trust with the most precious things I will ever have; my life, my time, my heart and my love. When I see you, I see this most beautiful lady, lion, elf, and baby of mine whose hands I will never let go.

I know it's a gloomy day and let me write this to maybe warm your heart in the midst of darkness of rain. Baby, I could promise to love you everyday of our lives, to always be by your side, to always make you happy and everything sweet under the sky until you die of diabetes. And like you always tell me, these are the words of sweet talkers that just talk and don't have anything to prove or they simply don't act. I am not a sweet talker, I am not someone who dreams words just to make you smile, I am a doer. I know who I see in you every second and I know what I will always know, that you're the one. I believe that I do not need to look anymore because I have found you or rather you found me. And I know I am a good person, it's not because I stay away from vices or bad company, but because I know right from wrong and I will always choose to do the right thing. And the right thing is not to continue to be with you even when I do not love you. But the right thing that I will always promise you is that I will always love you right not because I'm already with you but because I will never take you for granted. That I will always cherish every thing you do for me or not do for me, that I will spend every second loving you like every second is our last and in all good times and in bad, I always hold your hand and paint our forever. This I promise you, Linda Foo, that I will always love you because I am a man who believes in happily ever afters and in you being the one so there will never need to be a time that I will let go. So just love me.

PS. Bie, today the rain is gone and all is left are the brightest diamonds in my skies. I see you and I see perfection. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment