Monday, August 17, 2009

just the two of us

Throughout life people will make you mad
Disrespect you and treat you bad
Let God deal with the things they do
Cause hate in your heart will consume you too
I love you and I'm here for you

~ Just the Two of Us, Will Smith




Today's beautiful and we're tired. She's tired from all that practicing and I'm tired from not being able to see her much to manja her. I'm right here waiting to love her and I believe that she's going to make to our today beautiful. Today, the lamb nearly organised a search and rescue mission after lion was kidnapped. Nobody and I mean nobody comes in between us especially terrorists. We just want to be happy together and every passing second is witness to that.

Thinking of how to pamper her now and at the end of today. My heart tells me that everyday is a window of opportunity to paint her a smile and that's what I woke up reminding myself to do. I'm starting to see more from her eyes and trying to understand more what makes her tick and what makes her happy. This is not because I'm out there trying to manipulate her but I'm here trying to exist in her life and being able to make her smile all the time.

When I was younger, I once heard a story of a boy and a girl who were lost in the woods. The boy grumbled often and made sour faces at every disappointing turn to a dead end or how long it seemed to be able to find the way out. The girl on the other hand had her share of miseries as well, blaming everyone and everything for the disaster they were in. They were just short of killing each other when they met an old man in the depths of the woods. Muttering as they passed by, the old man chuckled and tapped both on the shoulders.

Surprised at the presence of another person in the woods, they turned and asked for help. The old man muttered that he too was once like them and he too once had a partner that had got lost when they separated to find their own way out. He looked at them both and mentioned that the only way out was to trust in each other and work together. He held their hands together and said, find a way when it seems there is no way and it starts with a smile and a pinch of hope. Because the way appears and shows itself only to those who believed and are brave enough to face the future.

The boy and girl turned and looked at each other and noticed how beautiful it was that they were still together amidst being lost and not wandering around alone trying to find the way. They looked into each other's eyes, held hands and said they would find a way together when there seems to be no way. With each step, patience grew. With each dead end, they learnt trust and they learnt more about holding each other when times were bad. Each passing moment and each lane they passed was a sign and they knew they were getting closer to finding the way. With the final turn behind bushes, lo and behold, they finally saw light peeking into the woods.

Stepping out, finally escaping the dreaded woods, they saw before them the old man and this time he was not alone. He was there holding hands with an old woman. Smiling back, the old man said this, "I can not show you the way. I let go once but I found her when it mattered. I was lost once but she never let me go. We believed. It seems you too found the way." And the boy and girl were still holding hands.

PS. Bie, today is beautiful and everyday is a page waiting for us to fill with lines and chapters of us. I'm smiling for you, for us so hold my hand, we're going to learn and we're going to make everyday beautiful together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment