Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One Day at a Time

Jonathan: Happy anniversary.
Sara: When did you get to be so unimaginably romantic?
Jonathan: I think that it's good luck that we return this year to the scene of the crime. (pours a paper cup of champagne) Cheers.
Sara: Cheers.
Jonathan: This is the ultimate blend to drink. How'd you find this place?
Sara: I first came in because of the name: Serendipity. It's one of my favorite words.
Jonathan: It is? Why?
Sara: It's such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortunate accident.

~ Serendipity



One Day. At a time.

Maybe the answer is just that simple. Nobody knows how long we will live. And somehow despite how fragile our lives are, we tend to take things for granted and not really appreciate the time given to us. Today's another slow long day. She said it's maybe because she's not around. Maybe.

Her smile means a lot to me. And today's empty without it. Maybe that's why like she said, time makes fun of us all the time. There are times that time teases us like how long forever and ever may seem and it becomes scary. Or how some times when I can't see you, time seems to drag on.

But the thing is this. Time always slows down when you appear. I might be the only person on earth that realises that you're the most wonderful woman on earth that just stepped into the room. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and in all the small things you try to do, you are simply wonderful. I think most people miss that about you, because they don't see it, they're not looking. And I watch them, wondering how they can watch you walk pass in their lives, and speak to them and they never get or understand that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

Every single time, you get lost and confused, I sit there looking at you. And I see the most wonderful woman in pain and there's nothing I can do and it's painful in so many ways. I see tears roll from those beautiful eyes down those perfect cheeks. And they roll so fast sometimes that I can barely catch them. But that's okay. Because the most important thing is that we're facing everything together rain or shine. This is not a post about being sad but this is a post about hope. That you are still this perfection that I see. That I will always be there so you can stop asking when I will not be. That I will always not be bored and I will always wait for you. So take your time.

Serendipity. A fortunate accident. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we do not see all the reasons. No one knows what is right and wrong all the time or why most things happen. What we do need to know is how to keep living life with every second we have. Maybe it was a moment that was meant to be, the moment when you stepped right into my life right in front of my eyes. Things happen and we can't control what happens or do we know what will happen in the future but today is the present, and it's a present that is meant to be treasured. What we can do, is to decide what to do with the time that has been given to us. My choice is you.

I wish that the most important things in life were for sale. Things like trust and belief. I would like to buy her a few kgs of trust for a baldie and a few pounds of belief for a lamb. The most important things in life however, can not be bought. They must be earned. Day by day, one day at a time. I love you.

PS. Bie, one day at a time. One step at a time and when we look back, it just seems so much more amazing how much more life has for us. So just keep walking and keep smiling. Believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment