Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday Blues

One of the reasons I came back was to remember why I started dancing in the first place. When I'm dancing with you I remember.

~ Another Cinderella Story



It always seems to rain on Mondays. It doesn't rain water but with news and it's often bad. They call it the Monday blues. Not so sure how blue is associated to the word bad but it sure is the Monday blues today. We just had a great near perfect weekend again and something always comes up. She's sad right now and it's raining. The thing that makes it worse is that there is nothing that I can do right now to take away her sadness or this feeling that makes her want to cry. It's the start of another day, another week but somehow nothing seems right.

There is this story of the North Wind and the Sun. The North Wind and the Sun were arguing who was the stronger of the two. In order to battle it out, the North Wind and the Sun agreed between them that they should do no harm and the winner would be decided by which was able to make a passing traveler remove his cloak. The north Wind eager to show his might began first. However hard the North Wind blew at the traveler, the traveler only wrapped his cloak tighter which left the North Wind completely furious. But when it was the Sun's turn, and the Sun shone, the traveler was overcome with heat and had to take his cloak off.

There's a lot of wind blowing all around her now. And she's hugging on tighter and keeping all her sadness inside her. All I can do is be her sun and shine for her. All that a silly lamb can do is shine all the love in the world so that she releases all this sadness inside her. the sadness will never disappear just like that but at least she knows that she's not facing all these alone. Life is never perfect nor is it about chasing perfection. Life is about living it. It's about coming to terms that not everything will go your way but inspite of all the madness, you come to appreciate the highs and lows of life.

There's a low in her life right now but baby, you're not alone. You will never be. I will stand with you and it will shine all the more brighter. I don't write everyday anymore but one thing for sure is that these same words still hold true everyday of our lives. Simply, I love her and she loves me. Today's another day, another step in our life, it's sad but we're still holding hands. And we're going to see the sunrise again.

PS. Bie, I love you. That's all that matters. Whatever sadness you have, I would ask for it. But since it is yours, I'm here to share it with you. Hold my hand. You're all my reasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment