Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ten Things

Almásy: You're wearing the thimble.
Katharine: Of course. You idiot. I always wear it. I've always worn it. I've always loved you.

~ English Patient



It's a lazy Friday and all I want to do is roll around in sheets. Another end of the week. She says I always write the same thing. Simply because she's the same exact thing that I think and write for. Another week has come and gone and all there is to say again is I love you baby.

The sun was shining brighter this morning, a sure sign that the haze was reducing although just slightly but every breathe you take is important to me. We took a slow walk and you were looking beautiful in your kung fu pants and I was really tempted to hold your hand as we walked. There was a dead breeze and the airport was crowded today, more crowded this week I feel. Out of no where, this thought popped in my head. I was thinking of this question this morning. If I was stranded on an island, what are the ten things that I would choose to have, and I thought of these:

Item Number One: You. Of all objects breathing and not. Need to have you. Can survive without air for minutes, wihtout water for days, but without you, it's impossible to live.

Item Number Two: Tent/sleeping bag. Need a cover over your head. You don't like weather's that too cold at night and too hot in the day, a tent would be perfect once you're tired of lying and looking at the stars.

Item Number Three: Swiss Knife. If it gets too cold at night, need fire to keep your hands warm and you comfortable. Also useful, in hunting, preparing equipments and for carving your name in the sand.

Item Number Four: Bottle of wine. Hey. Everyone needs wine on a deserted island. Make that white wine. If we ever run out, there's still indigenous fruits to turn into wine.

Item Number Five: Torch light/candles. Often useful to signal for help but it's most useful to shine all your fears away and if it's candles, even better. What more than candles, deserted beach and you?

Item Number Six: Good music/wanted to say guitar but who's going to dance with her if I'm playin? :) Need good music instead of going crazy on the island and I'm definitely going to learn how to dance better than a drunken hippo on two feet.

Item Number Seven: First aid kit. In case you hit your head walking into a sign board and it's all my fault again :P

Item Number Eight: Clothes. Not that it matters but hope they left him a sexier outfit for her. Nice for long nights.

Item Number Nine: Clean storage to contain water. It all comes down to essentials in the end. The need to survive. Not sure how long we can survive on saliva though.

Item Number Ten: Glasses. Hopefully I can see you when you need to wander far. Don't really mind not being able to see other things though. You can be my eyes for the world.

That about wraps up the list. Missing you as I write this bie. Day is coming to an end, so want to hold your hand right now. Love you baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment