Tuesday, September 1, 2009

what we have is today

Because that's what people do. They leap, and hope to God they can fly, because otherwise you just drop like a rock, wondering the whole way down, why in the *hell* did I jump? But here I am, Sarah, falling, and there's only one person who makes me feel like I can fly... That's you.

~ Will Smith, Hitch



Feel so sleepy today. My lion is also a walking zombie today if not for the coffee. My baby lion is so sleepy today and she's going to have to go to practice later and her motivation's dropping by the day. And although I was never her strongest supporter to get started on her stage play at the beginning, I am always her lamb who will stand by her. Today, my lion is in need of motivation to keep going and she is going to have all she needs in me because her lamb never lets her fall and he's writing her this story today.

One day a father and his rich family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show him how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night on the farm of a very poor family. When they got back from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?" "Very good Dad!" "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Yeah!" "And what did you learn?"

The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden; they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden; they have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard; they have a whole horizon." When the little boy was finished, his father was speechless. His son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how 'poor' we are!"

I see everyday like the son of that rich man. I may not have the greatest treasures, the smartest brains or the most handsome eyes or face among men. But it doesn't really matter what this silly lamb thinks. What matters is if this lion of his sees that his greatest treasure is in everything her, that the greatest jewel is her smile, that the greatest diamonds are her eyes and the silk of the world can't compare to her hair. Or does she know that I may not be the smartest but all my mind is on her, every single second my mine is thinking about her. From how to make her smile to how to make our today perfect. And maybe does she know that I may not have the most beautiful eyes but she's the only thing I see and my face is the only thing I hope she will see too?

Maybe that's all important but more important than that is does she know that she's got this silly lamb all over here. On this day that she's tired, this lamb who is so imperfect will carry her and do whatever it takes to lift a bit of her tiredness and weary from her? That everyday, there is nothing more beautiful than her being happy? It is in this hope that I hope she knows that I am always here for her. And with this blog as witness, I will hold her hand with every walk and I will carry her pass every bridge. Today is beautiful and she is the reason. She's all my reasons. I love you baby.

PS. Bie, "wake up" because I love you and we have today to paint beautiful. We have play practice today and I "see" how beautiful you are. Perform for me as I clap on this silent end for the world's greatest performer. I love you and baby, you're my superstar!

0 comments:

Post a Comment