Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Only You

Gena Rowlands (Allie Calhoun): Do you think our love can take us away together?
James Garner (Duke): I think our love can do anything we want it to

~ The Notebook



Dear Wife,

Am writing this to make you smile. That much I must admit. As simple as it may sound, I know it is not easy to make someone happy the rest of their lives. Actually, the question is not how hard or how easy but how much. That much I know. I know I want to paint smiles that come from me each day of our lives. I write this to let you know that your happiness comes naturally when I open my heart. When I let love fill all the gaps and holes, it just naturally spells YOU.

I want to tell you day by day how much my heart just opens itself and understands how beautiful the world is because of you. I see things now differently than a year ago. I understand more wiser, more patiently, the things around me and I see you in nearly every aspect of life. I understand how much it hurts you when I drive rough or curse on the road. I understand how much you mean to me when it rains, when its busy, or when I get too carried away at work and you appear. You tell me that it is okay, you are by my side and everything seems okay.

You asked me if I was nervous yesterday before the presentation. I was not. My hands only shook when it first touched yours. When I stood at the stars and we danced. When I looked at the sea in diving equipment for the first time. When I saw Tokyo with you for the first time. When I saw our son with you for the first time. And you were always there, to calm me and hold my hand and all these anticipation flows away and you enter. I think the only nervous moments are the really important ones except for when I proposed and when we were married. I was sure as I wrote my vows. That these were the only right things I was sure of in my life. But at the edge of every moment that was important because of you, I was nervous and you filled me with this confidence of love.

Today, I want you to know how much you mean to me everytime I close my eyes. I let all the noise in my head wash over me. All the chatter flow by me. And I listen. And I see. And I find you. Deep inside me. I love that feeling that you are my core and all that matters to me. I look and I see...You. I love you baby and today is beautiful because of you. I can't wait for the dishes you are preparing today and I know like each day carrying our child, it is a labour of love. This love that we share. I love you baby and am always with you.

Love,
Lambi

0 comments:

Post a Comment