Wednesday, June 24, 2009

you, me, us on a thursday

Some people live their whole life and never fall in love. I lived mine and I fell in love.

~ Leelee Sobieski, Here On Earth



Here on Earth was a novel written and later like all interesting books, gets translated into a movie. Here on Earth begins with Kelvin "Kelley" Morse and Jasper Arnold involved in a car race and accidentally damage a restaurant owned by Samantha Cavanaugh (Leelee Sobieski)'s parents. Both are sentenced to perform community service by repairing the damage. Although Kelley comes from a wealthy family and Samantha's parents are working-class, they soon find that they have more in common than they imagined, and they fall in love. Samantha's parents learn later on that Samantha has osteosarcoma and only a few months to live. When Kelley learns the awful truth, he must decide if he should obey his father's wishes and go to college or stay by the side of the first girl he's ever loved.

Its a beautiful day today and my baby woke up early filled with inspiration. She woke me up this morning for a change and her voice was the sweetest music that ever rang on my handphone. My mind was still blurry and my eyes were so reluctant to open today and I blame it on the chilly weather and the sleep filled with dreams of her last night. I pulled off the sheets from my still warm seeking body and rushed to get prepared. It was a slow drive filled with thoughts of her along the Kesas highway and I was really thinking of what she casually asked me on why do we torture ourselves this way. I seriously don't have an answer and I wonder why.

I realised as I clutched my hands tight anticipating to see my lion at 7.45am that my day really began when I saw her at her door looking at me so beautiful. I was a bit frustrated with her automatic gate and a dog named prince for being the only things stopping me from hugging her tight. My first second on a Thursday for me really began when I kissed her good morning and tasted a bit of heaven in my mouth. I knew my day had started the moment I touched her lips and felt complete. Now, writing this is to help me try to figure out when really does my day begin. Like every other day, mine begins with her. I was really thinking, if that was the truth, then was I ever living until the moment I fell in love with her?

Was thinking of Here on Earth this morning when I was playing with these thoughts. Do we really need a huge incident to shake us and make us appreciate what we have? When it comes to loving her, I've made a decision to always savour and treasure everything single thing, from the smallest to the biggest perfection that you keep including in unexpected and expected times in our lives. Today, baby, I just want to say thank you and how much everything you do for me means to me. I know these will not go recorded in history but it will always live in my memory and my smiles. That to me is more important than anything else in the world because you are the most important object, person, thing, creature, treasure, entity, character and lover that I will ever meet my life.

Today, I had banana pancakes designed and made by the softest and most gentle hands that I can't seem to stay away from. It was really good and she told me that it was her first time having a go at it which I find really hard to not smile to. Shes special like that, the way she keeps making me smile at all these small perfections that she does so effortlessly. I don't really have a story to match the warmth that she filled me with today except for the three words that she tells me everyday. She tells me these not just in words but in the things she does, her eyes, the way she touches my life and more. Theres only one way to say these three words and baby, I wish I could say them to you everyday for a lifetime, I love you. Baby, believe me theres nothing more true in our lifetime.

PS. Bie, on a beautiful Thursday like this, you have to go and be perfect and ruin it by stealing all the spotlight. I hate it that you always do this that I can't help loving you forever and ever baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment