Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Living Today

If I should die this very moment, I wouldn't fear. For I've never known completeness like being here, wrapped in the warmth of you, loving every breath of you. Why live life from dream to dream?

~ Moulin Rouge



Perfection. That's what some people aim for and look for. Not just in themselves but also in things around them. The thing is that perfection means so many things to each person. To some, it can just be nothing disrupting their normal flow of the day and they're happy with that and call it perfection. To others, perfection is when they feel that everything falls into place, into spaces that should be and places that they expect. But in all truth, perfection is when things meet the standards set by that person.

For me, a day is perfect when everything I want to do or set out to achieve happens. It can be a day that is so full of happiness at every corner or just simply a day with sweet surprises that I'd never expected. I thought that was perfection. That was me before I met her. And then, things changed. It was irrelevant what happened in my normal spaces, as long as we were happy, it was perfect. As long as we held hands and saw the whole day as happy, it was perfection in every way.

Now, to me in a broader sense, she is perfect. To me, the definition of perfection is in everything her. That is why I fell in love. I remember this phrase she told me once when she described what she liked about me and I have my own reasons why I like her perfections too. I like the way she rubs her eyes and stretches herself in between sheets. I like the way she blinks then looks at me before her perfect lips reveal the sweetest smile which makes me worried I need to check my sugar levels everyday in case of diabetes. I like the way she slowly tugs herself on my shoulder and her legs lazily lay on mine after she smiles. I like the way she holds me close and feels comfortable as she looks for body warmth. And that is just the first five seconds of her waking up.

Every moment from the first her mind told her to wake up is my perfection. I even like the way she's shy to kiss me in the mornings and just wants warmth to start the day. All her self thought imperfections are the perfections that I see. And nothing in my heart says it better than this picture I chose for her. Yes, baby, I love you. You are perfect in all your imperfections and more so in mine. Today is beautiful and you are beautiful. I love you.

PS. Bie, I love you and while you're gone, I will wait for you, this imperfection waiting for his perfection. Can't stop thinking about you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment