Wednesday, September 23, 2009

waiting for you, waiting for perfection

If I could measure the beauty of her eyes, I was born to look into them and know myself.

~ Shakespeare In Love



Today is a Thursday. It's not just any Thursday because it's the Thursday just before your birthday. I heard someone whisper your name today, but when I turned around to see who it was, I noticed I was alone. That's when I realized it was my heart telling me how much I miss you. I realize that I want to be with you everyday for 8 days a week and 25 hrs a day. I never seem to get enough of you. And it's now only a few hours before the next milestone on probably the most important list of our lives. The weather has smiled these few days and everything looks really good. It's another day to laze around and just take in the moments.

I woke up today to her and really there is so much a heart can take before it melts away. Of course she again termed me and described me as "ka-kacau". But I would really like to be able to pester her and bug her to wake up each morning. I think that is a real privilege. To be able to wake up and see the most important and most beautiful thing in my life is a blessing and a grace that not everyone will ever have. And I think today is perfect. Simply because she smiled and kissed me before she left.

Was thinking of what to do today and about work when I realized this truth. A doctor can save my life on the operating table. A lawyer can defend my life and my honour in a court of law. A soldier can give me a peaceful life by facing the dangers at the battlefield. But only you, only you can give me a MEANINGFUL LIFE. And for that, I am thankful for each passing day. I am lucky that we share the same air to breathe, the same dreams asleep and the same smile when we make each other complete. And I am thankful that she exists to make my world perfect every second she is in it.

Today is beautiful and you're voice is beautiful. I wish I could share more of that beauty and we have an entire weekend for that for which I can't wait to begin and am grateful for. Counting down the seconds bie. It feels so long yet when it comes, I'm sure the moment will be running to get away from us. I want it to last and with you, it will always last. It will last because I believe it bie. And tomorrow is coming. I can't wait. I love you.

PS. Bie, I am behaving and I miss you so much that words fail to describe the feeling of breathing but it doesn't mean anything because you are not here to share my air. I love you. I'm waiting for you baby.

1 comments:

Kunawathy said...

hey derek....remember me or not...Kuna...ur high school fren...anyways dunno how to contact u other than this...ur in air asia now...? dats nice....hola back at lady_anuk@yahoo.com....wud really be nice if i cud hear from u again....take care k

Post a Comment